Sunday, October 16, 2016

Blog Assignment 6

1. Do parents ever pressure their children to achieve ? Why do you think so ?

I believe parents pressure their children to achieve because, parents understand the struggles of being unsuccessful. Being unsuccessful includes going to jail, being poor, and not being able to make a living for yourself. In my own situation my parents are stern on me about my grades. I cannot bring below a C in my home. I understand this because my parents only want me to be successful.

2. What are some of the conflicts that parents and children have?

Conflicts that parents and children may have are school, money, jobs, and grades. Many of my friends grades have fallen because they have chosen to get a job during school. Their parents are not happy about this but they also need the money to pay for their fees. Also grades can be a major conflict because many kids in society believe in doing just enough to get by.

3. Do you feel that people can be anything they want to be ?

I do believe people can be anything they want to be. I personally pride myself of the quote "If you can believe it you can achieve it." If people put their mind to something and work hard to achieve it, their reward will be success. The problem is that it is not going to come easy. People have to be motivated enough to wake up every single day and tell their selves "I will be great today."

4. Do all conflicts have a winner ?

All conflicts do not have a winner. This is mainly because people are stubborn. Many people do not want to listen or consider what others have to say because they are one sided. Many people can not agree with other because their pride want allow them too. The American people see this everyday with our political parties. Republicans and Democrats cannot come to agreements because they are afraid that their reputation be shattered if they agree on what right. For example, gun reform will never be passed because people want put their morals to the side for change.

5. Compare your relationship with your parents to Chinese children's relationship with their parents in China.

My relationship with my parents are similar in some ways to Chinese parents. My parents are very strict about grades and hardwork much like Chinese parents. My parents also require me to put my education first much like Chinese parents as well. The difference is that my parents allow me to have freedom and fun. Many Chinese parents do not allow their kids to associate with some people or have any type of fun unless it is family. There is nothing wrong with that but kids may start to feel bored and start losing interest in there studies.

1 comment: